As the first country in South Asia and the 119 countries in the world, the e-passport program has officially started in Bangladesh. According to DIP.Gov.bd data, the e-passport is a biometric passport containing an embedded electronic chip. The chip contains biometric information, which is used to authenticate the passport holder. It uses microprocessors or smart card technology with chips and antennas. Important passport information is stored in the chip. The biometric information taken in the e-passport is pictures, fingerprints, and Eyeris. The electronic border control system (E-Border) compares the biometric properties of the passport chip to the external validation. The information on the passport chip is verified through Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). So it is difficult to commit fraud.
Difference Between General Passport And ePassport:
The difference between an ordinary passport and ePassport is that e-passport, which has a small and slim size chip like the SIM of a mobile phone. It will have that kind of security, which has many features hidden. During e-passport, the information found in the machine-readable passport (MRP) database will be transferred to the e-passport.
The application for e-passport, like the ordinary passport, can be found online. A PDF form can be filled out by hand if desired. Photo and verification do not need to be done while filling the form. However, in the case of the elderly, national identity cards and birth certificates have been made compulsory in the case of minors. While accepting the application form, the applicant will be photographed with 10 fingerprints and Eyeris. That information will be added to the chip. The immigration police will come out with all the information to grab the passport page in front of the special machine.
There are two types of e-passports. One is 48 pages, the other is 64 pages. There are three types of fees, general, emergency and urgent. A passport had better deliver within two days. For this, the fee should be calculated more.
Initially, e-passport service has started from Uttara, Jatrabari and Agargaon regional passport offices in Dhaka. In 12 phases, regional and departmental offices and 72 foreign missions will be opened.
- Let’s check about Lakkatura Tea Garden Sylhet.
How To Apply For e-Passport:
You can apply for e-passport online by going to www.dip.gov.bd or ePassport.gov.bd website. The site has the advantage of choosing Bangla or English language. There you will find the online passport application: New / Re-issue button at the beginning. The application process can be started directly by clicking here. Before this, you can see the five steps of applying e-passport. One step is to see if the e-passport program has started in the present living district. The latter are the online e-passport application forms, payment of passport fees, communication to the passport office for pictures and fingerprints and collection of e-passports from the passport office. These include taking care of checking documents and personal information, taking pictures of the applicant, fingerprints and Eyeris photographs, whether the passport fee has been paid properly and the delivery slip provided after enrollment.
- Read more about traveling Taj Mahal from Dhaka.
It is mandatory to show the delivery receipt at the time of receiving a passport. In addition, the latest passport (if any) should be taken. Passport fee can be paid at the time of filing an e-passport application online. Passport fees will be calculated automatically. Payment can be made online in the case of submitting the application for the Passport Office of Bangladesh. Apart from online payment, money can be deposited in One Bank, Premier Bank, Sonali Bank, Trust Bank, Bank Asia, and Dhaka Bank. Online payment is offered through Sonali Bank’s payment gateway, and the online payment methods introduced till now are Star card, Visa, Q-Cash, bKash Mobile Banking, and DBBL Nexus. You need to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker to make payments online.
- Places to Visit Very Close to Dhaka City (One Day Tour).
How To Pay For e-Passport (& The Fees)
According to the Department of Immigration & Passports of Bangladesh Govt.
The passport fees for ePassport can be paid directly online when the passport application is submitted through the ePassport Online Portal.
Online Payment is offered via Sonali Payment Gateway and the available online payment methods are:
- Credit /Debit Cards: MasterCard, Visa, Q-Cash
- Mobile Banking: B-Kash, DBBL Nexus
PLEASE NOTE: For the online payment to work you need to disable any pop-up blockers in your browser.
You can check the details from here.
- Top 10 Places to Visit In Dhaka City (Must Watch)
How To Check If Your e-Passport Is Ready To Deliver:
You can check Status on the e-passport portal. Click on the search option with the serial number and the date of birth on the application. You can check the status of all your applications from your online portal account.
- 9 Things To Do In Dhaka City (You Should not Miss)
The advantages Of e-Passport:
One of the biggest advantages of e-passport is that it allows travelers to travel very fast and easily using e-gate. As a result, visa checking at various airports does not have to be in line. This will make immigration faster. The camera will take pictures while standing keeping the passport at e-gate. There will also be fingerprint verification. If all goes well, he will be able to get through immigration. If there are any issues, the red light will be lit. If anyone has a travel ban, that will be known immediately.
- Travel Agencies In Bangladesh: Top 12 List
Important Matters Regarding e-Passport In Bangladesh:
- The e-passport application form should be filled according to the National Identity Card (NID) or Birth Certificate (BRC). Not an adult (under 18 years) applicant who does not have a National Identity Card (NID), his / her Parent Identification Number (NID) must be specified.
- The e-passport application form can be filled online or by downloading the PDF format.
- It does not require any pictures and any kind of documents to be verified. Copies of parents’ NIDs, including National Identity Cards (NIDs) for adults and birth certificates for not adults, have been made compulsory.
- Travel Zinda Park and Panam City of Narayanganj from Dhaka.
- While accepting the application form, 10 fingerprints, pictures and Eyeris will be taken.
- The e-passport will also require police verification. In case of urgency, pre-police verification should be carried out for the e-passport. The visa issued will be the same in the case of e-passport, as is the traditional system.
- Visa authorities or embassies will be able to verify the applicant’s information using this PKD.
- The visa sticker can be sealed, canceled on the pages of the book. In addition to e-passport, MRP will also be operational. However, no one will be given MRP. All MRPs will be withdrawn periodically.
- Detailed rules for applying are given on the Department’s website.
If you need further information, you can check the official FAQ of the Department of Immigration & Passports, of course, you can make a comment if you have any confusion. Experts Of Travel Mate will come forward to solve your issues when we get time. Thanks in advance and please do not forget to share to help others. Make Bangladesh Great Again. 🙂