Geography of Bangladesh

Bangladesh is a low-lying South Asian country that is densely populated. It is located in the 24°N and 90°E geographic coordinates and 580km north of the littoral zone of the Bay of Bengal. Bangladesh has heavy seasonal rainfall, and it has a tropical monsoon climate. The most biggest rivers, Padma and Brahmaputra, have joined with the Bay of Bengal. With the passing of time, the Bengali Nation was built on the shore of the rivers.

Bangladesh is situated in the middle of India and Myanmar. The country’s west, east, and north sides are bordered by India. That means 94% of the land is connected with India. The other 6% is adjusted with Myanmar. On the other hand, The Bay of Bengal is in the southeast part of our country.  The biggest sea beach in the world, named Cox’s Bazar, is situated here.

geography of bangladesh
Geography of Bangladesh

Due to heavy rainfall, Bangladesh suffers from natural disasters, including floods, cyclones, tidal bores, and tornadoes. On the positive side, the soil is very fertile and rivers are distributed equally. For this reason, the farmers get the chance to grow crops in the maximum part of the country.

Bangladesh covers an area of 1,47,570 square kilometers. It is essential to realize the land can be divided into two regions – deltaic plain land and hilly areas. The land areas cover part of Bangladesh, and the southeast part of the country consists of hilly areas alongside the Chittagong Hill Tracts. Though the deltaic plain land is fertile, it suffers from floods during the rainy season.

In Bangladesh, 16% of the land is covered with forest and woodland. The Sundarbans is the most prominent Mangrove Forest in the world. The woodland produces a lot of bamboo, sugarcane, and other important trees. At the same time, the forest, including the Sundarbans, is covered with birds, animals, and trees. The Sundarbans is the home of the Royal Bengal Tiger. If you want to go very close to nature, the Sundarbans or Chittagong hilly areas can be suitable for you.

The Bay of Bengal is the coastal area of Bangladesh and it extends to Cox’s Bazar, Kuakata, Saint Martin Island, Sonadia, Nijhum Dip, and Teknaf. We have the amazing Sea Beach, including Cox’s Bazar and Kuakata. For experimenting with seafood, the places are very popular. At the same time, in Bangladesh, we have 700 rivers and the largest are Padma (Ganges), Meghna, Karnaphuli, Jamuna and Brahmaputra. The rivers are the water source for drinking, cultivating crops and transportation. At the same time, the electricity of the land is produced by the water of the rivers. The soil near the rivers is very fertile and perfect for cultivation. It also produces salt, which is enough for a country. For fishing or exploring the true beauty of the countryside, traveling on a boat is very amazing in Bangladesh.

In general, the weather in Bangladesh is very hot. It has six seasons: summer, monsoon, autumn, late autumn, winter, and spring; you can notice the different weather here. Not to mention, the weather is very enjoyable except for the temperature in the summer (Cross 35°C). You will have a moonlit night, which is excellent for discovering the sky and the stars. The weather defines the attitude in a region. The people of Bangladesh are very friendly and hospitable. If you want to enjoy the countryside and explore the forests, sea beaches, or hilly areas in one place, you can surely come to Bangladesh. The low cost and natural beauty will give you another meaning of life. You can check the two opportunities of Travel Mate to explore the whole of Bangladesh as well as the world heritage of Bangladesh.

Book AC Civilian/Coaster Tourist BusSee Details...

Get notified about travel updates & news, discounts, promos!