Bisnakandi is located in the Rustampur union of Goainghat Upazila of Sylhet.
Sylhet’s Goainghat Upazila is filled with mountains, fountains, and greenery. The Upazila has the border with India. The beauty of the places fills the attractions of the tourist. The rocky river, forest, tea orchard in the hills overwhelm the mind! Tourists come to see the beauty of Sylhet’s diversity. At the festival like Eid, these tourist centers are crowded.
As like Jaflong, Bisnakandi is a place where the river is filled with the stone. It makes the surrounding enchanting. However, due to the uncontrolled stone lifting, the beauty of Jaflong is on the verge of destruction today, but the Bisnakandi retains its youth. Many of the steps of the Khasia Hills on the Bangladesh-India border have come from one side to the other, and the hills have the highest springs of Meghalaya in India. The main attraction of the Bisnakandi to the tourists is the transparent water stream that flows over the rocks and the whirlwind of white clouds over the mountains. At first, you will feel like a stone bed, and the calmness that you get in the clear water will bring you the peace of mind again and again. It is as though the mountains, rivers, fountains, and rocks have laid the natural bedding in Bisnakandi.
Goinaghat Upazila is famous for its three main tourist attractions. These are the Bisnakandi (Combination of Stone And River), Ratargul, the only forest of sweet water, and the Jafflong, a land of beauty.
Perfect time to travel Bisnakandi—
You can travel to Bisnakandi at any time. However, the monsoon is an ideal time to travel to Bisnakandi. Due to the abundant water flow around, the true beauty of the Bisnakandi can be seen at this time. At other times of the year, there are occasional difficulties in traveling due to the stone lifting.
Want to meet with the white clouds, let’s travel Sajek with Travel Mate.
Like stones, water, mountains, and clouds— the first thing that comes to mind after moving here is tranquility. These mental feelings will forget you hundreds of worst days. To realize this extreme fact, you have to go to Bisnakandi.
Way to go to Bisnakandi—
Wherever you are in the country, you must first come to the Sylhet district to go to Bednakandi. Then you have to go from Sylhet to Bisnakandi. The communication system is not so bad from Sylhet to Bisnakandi.
To go to Bisnakandi, first of all, you have to visit Amberkhana Point in Sylhet City. There is a CNG station on Airport Road. It is best to reserve CNG and go to a place called Hadarpar. From here, you can boat or even you can go by walking to Bisnakandi.
Where to stay—
You can choose Sylhet city to stay due to the low cost/time of returning back from Bisnakandi. You can stay at Hotel Hill Town, Gulshan, Dargah Gate, Surma, Kayakabad, etc. as per your need and capability. Apart from this, there are many standard rest houses for rent in the Lala Bazar area and at Darga Road Where you can get different rooms for BDT 500 to 1000. It completely depends on the member and their choice.
- Hazrat Shahjalal Mazar travel guide.
What to eat—
There are some temporary food hotels in Bisnakandi. In those hotels, it would cost Tk. 120 to Tk. 140 to eat unlimited rice, pulses with a vegetable. In addition, you can buy some dry food, water, and other essential items. You will also find a special type of local Khichuri from the Ghani Mia Hotel at Haddar Bazaar. Besides, there are various quality restaurants in Sylhet city, where you will get everything you need. You will get Pansi, Pach Bhai or Palki restaurants in Sylhet’s Zindabazar area. You can eat local foods of your choice at affordable prices, and it is also very popular to find many types of dishes that are available in these restaurants.
- Do you know the name of the biggest village in Asia, Baniachong, Let’s check travel guide.
Travel Tips & Warnings At Bisnakandi—
- In some places of Bisnakandi, as a result of lifting stones there are deep holes, take the advice of the guide or local people before going somewhere.
- Travel in groups to reduce costs.
- Bishankandi is situated on the Bangladesh-India border, and from the very top of it, there are high mountains, fountains and a bridge. But be careful not to go too far, because if you go out of the boundary of India, it may cause danger.
- If you want, you can travel to Bisnakandi after visiting Ratargul.
- Feel free to rent a boat and CNG with bargaining to reduce costs.
- Be careful when jumping into the water on the Bisnakandi—as there are stones everywhere.
- During the monsoon, the speed of the water currents is very high, be careful.
- Bedchandi is a stone quarry, stone all around, stone underwater too, so be extra careful while walking.
- Please do not do anything that may harm the environment and nature.
- Be friendly to the local people. They are really helpful and simple in nature.
- Always try to return to Sylhet City before evening. As it is a local village area, so you may lose your way and even may not get comfortable accommodation. At the same time, the road from Sylhet to Hadarpara is not good and there is a lack of security after dusk on the way.
- You can keep hats and sunglasses to protect yourself from sunshine.
Want to make a group or family tour?
Bisnakandi is a perfect place for a group or family tour. The beauty of this place will give you awesome feelings. At the same time, you can come back within a day by visiting here. Hopefully, you can go to Bisnakandi within a tight budget. If you want to travel Bisnakandi with safety and want to enjoy the place with more joy, Travel Mate can help you with arranging the tour. Contact us for further details. Above all, you may add any missing information from the comment section. Happy Traveling.