Sikkim is a state in the North-East of India. It is also one of the few states in India with a Buddhist majority. The state is bounded by Nepal to its west, China’s Tibet to its north and northeast, Bhutan to its east, and the Indian states of West Bengal to its south and Assam to its southwest. The Indian state of Sikkim was established in 1890 as an independent country that became part of India on 26 April 1947 to 1950.
The must-see attractions in Sikkim are the Khangchendzonga National Park, the Tsomgo Lake, and the Nathula Pass.
Here are the must-see attractions in Sikkim:
1. Mt. Kanchenjunga – At 8,586 meters (28,169 ft), Mt. Kanchenjunga is the world’s third-highest peak. It is located in the eastern Himalayas, on the border between India and Nepal. Trekking to the base camp of Mt. Kanchenjunga is a popular activity in Sikkim.
2. Teesta River – The Teesta River is one of the main rivers in Sikkim. It is a great place for whitewater rafting and kayaking.
3. Rumtek Monastery – Rumtek Monastery is a Tibetan Buddhist monastery located in the town of Rumtek, in Sikkim. It was built in the 18th century and is the largest monastery in Sikkim.
4. Nathula Pass – Nathula Pass is a mountain pass in the Himalayas, located in Sikkim. It is one of the few open borders between India and China.
5. Pelling – Pelling is a town in Sikkim, located at an altitude of 2,150 meters (7,055 ft). It is a popular base for trekkers and mountaineers.
6. Yuksom – Yuksom is a town in Sikkim, located at an altitude of 1,780 meters (5,840 ft). It is the starting point for several popular treks, including the Dzongri Trek and the Goechala Trek.
7. Lachen – Lachen is a town in Sikkim, located at an altitude of 2,752 meters (9,035 ft). It is a popular base for trekking and mountaineering.
8. Gurudongmar Lake – Gurudongmar Lake is a high-altitude lake located in Sikkim. It is considered to be sacred by both Hindus and Buddhists.
9. Tsomgo Lake – Tsomgo Lake is a high-altitude lake located in Sikkim. It is a popular tourist destination, known for its scenic beauty.
10. Yumthang Valley – Yumthang Valley is a valley located in Sikkim. It is known for its scenic beauty, with fields of flowers blooming in the spring.
What Are The Things To Do When Visiting Sikkim?
The top 10 things to do in Sikkim are 1. Visit the Namchi Monastery; 2. Take a cable car ride to the top of Tashi View Point; 3. Go trekking in the Kanchenjunga National Park; 4. Visit the Rumtek Monastery; 5. Take a scenic drive along the Jorethang Loop; 6. Visit the Tsomgo Lake; 7. Go white water rafting in the Teesta River; 8. Visit the Do Drul Chorten Stupa; 9. Take a yak ride in Gurudongmar Lake; 10. Explore the Old Silk Route.
1. Visit the Rumtek Monastery: The Rumtek Monastery is one of the most important places to visit in Sikkim. It is the largest and most beautiful monastery in Sikkim and is also the seat of the Karmapa, the head of the Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism.
2. Take a dip in the Tso Lhamo Lake: The Tso Lhamo Lake is one of the most beautiful and sacred lakes in Sikkim. It is situated at an altitude of 4,780 m and is surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
3. Trek to the Goechala Pass: The Goechala Pass is one of the most popular trekking routes in Sikkim. It offers stunning views of Kanchenjunga, the third-highest mountain in the world.
4. Visit the Pelling Town: Pelling is a small town in Sikkim that offers stunning views of the Himalayan range. It is also home to some of the best trekking trails in Sikkim.
5. Explore the Tsomgo Lake: The Tsomgo Lake is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sikkim. It is situated at an altitude of 3,780 m and is surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
6. Visit the Gurudongmar Lake: The Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world
FAQ about Sikkim (Gangtok)
What Are The Best Places To Stay In Sikkim?
What Are The Best Nightlife Spots In Sikkim?
What Are The Top Tourist Spots In Sikkim?
What Are The Best Places To Take Pictures In Sikkim?
Want To Travel to Sikkim (Gangtok) from Bangladesh?
Sikkim is a perfect place for a group or family tour. The beauty of this place will give you awesome feelings. At the same time, you can come back within one or two weeks by visiting here. Hopefully, you can go to Sikkim within a tight budget. If you want to travel to Sikkim safely and want to enjoy the place with more joy, Travel Mate can help you with arranging the tour. Contact us for further details. Above all, if you’re still unsure about anything, please leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. Happy Traveling. ♥