Amiakhum Waterfall is a magnificent waterfall located in Thanchi upazila of Bandarban district. It is one of the most inaccessible places in Bangladesh. The stream of cold water is coming down at a tremendous speed, spreading milky white foam over the green hills and stone barriers.
Tourists are mesmerized by the sound of falling water and the sound of flowing waves in the pure nature far away from the locality. The Amiakhum (Omiakhum) Falls near the Bangladesh-Myanmar border is known to many as the land of Bengal. Fascinated by the waterfall, some have called it the most beautiful waterfall in Bangladesh.
Kingdom Of Khum
Usually every Khum is very beautiful. Their natural beauty is extraordinary. And if a few such Khum together create the Kingdom of Khum, then that’s a great thing. It is really a matter of luck to see a few beautiful khum at once. Let’s see the tour plan of Khum state.
- Top 10 Mountains in Bangladesh, You Shouldn’t Miss!
Who Are Khum?
Khum in Marma language means reservoir. Here the water originates from different sources and comes to a place through a crooked path and creates a strangely shaped natural aquarium. There may be waterfalls, fountains, jhiri before or after khum.
Where is the state of Khumra located?
Khum state is located in Bandarban district of Bangladesh. Here are some of the most beautiful khum here. Among them Nafakhum, Amiakhum, Velakhum, Satvaikhum, Devtakhum are notable.
How to get to Khum Kingdom
If you want to go to Khum state, you have to come to Bandarban district first. After that Thanchi Upazila from there. From Thanchi Bazaar to Khum State.
The kingdom of Khum is very large and inaccessible. It will take a few days to cover everything. I have to go a few more times. However, if you follow this tour plan, you will be able to cover Khum state easily.
- Top 15 Waterfalls in Bangladesh you shouldn’t Miss
At first, we will travel Amiakhum WaterFall. Let’s see how to go Amiakhum and where to stay, eat and detailed information.
Bandarban is impeccable wonder. Here is the infinite wonder of nature hidden in the twists and turns. This awe-inspiring nature will bring you face to face with a vast array of mysteries of creation. Bandarban is also a thrilling place for adventure lovers. Here the sky-touching mountains, the green deep forest and the waterfalls hidden in it, the wild will make you intoxicated with a joy-laugh-cry-surge. Amiakhum is a spectacular and thrilling waterfall of Bandarban.
When to go Amiakhum
Tourists from different parts of the country flock to see the beauty of Amiakhum, the natural beauty of Bandarban. In the rainy season, the beauty of Amiakhum regains its fullness. Admitting many hardships, facing Amiakhum in the midst of the inaccessibility of the mountain is like a just sacrifice! However, safety should be taken into consideration as the Sangu River is flooded during the monsoon season and there is a risk of flash floods. The fountain can also be visited at any time of the year. It is a bit convenient to go in winter as you have to do trekking.
- Want to travel World Heritage site of Bangladesh, let’s discover.
How To Go To Amiakhum
If you want to go to Amiyakhum, first come to Bandarban district from anywhere in the country. Then you have to go to Amiyakhum through Thanchi Upazila. There are two ways to reach Amiyakhum from Thanchi.
Route 1: Thanchi> Padmajhiri> Thuisa Para> Devta Pahar> Amiyakhum.
Route 2: Thanchi> Remakri> Nafakhum> Jinapara> Thuisapara> Devtapahar> Amiyakhum.
The first way is to trek for about 6-7 hours only in Padmajhiri and many times you may have to trek even at night. Although many people go through the first route, the second route is relatively convenient. Besides, you can go through Padmajhiri and become a remake.
It takes about 4-5 hours to reach Thanchi Upazila by bus or jeep from Bandarban city. When you reach Thanchi Upazila, you must find a guide. You will not be allowed to go to Amiakhum without a guide. You have to take permission from the administration with the guide. Then take the boat reserve from Thanchi to Romakri market. If you can reach Romakri by noon, you can start walking towards Nafakhum waterfall without wasting any more time. If you trek for about two to two and a half hours from Romakri, you will see Nafakhum waterfall. Spend some time there and head out to Thuisa Para. If you think it will take more night to reach Thuisa Para, you can spend the night in Jinapara, the previous Para.
The location of Thuisa Para is 3-4 hours trekking distance from Nafakhum Jharna. Spend the night there and leave early in the morning with Thanchi Guide and another local guide on the Amiyakhum ride. About 3 to 3 and a half hours to see the primitive beauty of the nature of Bandarban, the gods will reach the Amiyakhum waterfall through the mountains. Velakhum and Satbhaikhum are near the Omiyakhum springs. So plan accordingly. Make arrangements in advance for lunch. On the way back from Omiakhum to Thuisa Para, return to Thanchi as before or take a different route. Come to Bandarban from Thanchi and come to your destination.
- Want to travel another hill district of Bangladesh, Rangamati, Let’s check the complete tour info.
Where To Stay At Amiakhum
Wherever you want to stay after Thanchi, you have to stay in the house of the local tribals. You have several indigenous neighborhoods along this entire route. Usually stay in Remakri, Nafakhum Para, Jinapara and Thuisa Para. Your guide will make all the arrangements for your stay.
Where To Eat At Amiakhum
You have to eat at the home of the local aborigines to eat on your trek. Meals are available in different packages for the convenience of tourists. Consult your guide in advance about where to eat. You can eat zoom rice, vegetables, pulses, mountain chicken, mashed potatoes according to the food package. In addition, you must take dry foods such as biscuits, chocolate, chira, murdi, dates according to the quantity and plan. The whole journey will require hard trekking.
See Also: Saka Haphong Travel Guideline With TravelMate
Amiyakhum Travel Costs
If you go on a trip to Amiyakhum, you must visit a few people together. It will be less expensive as well as the courage to travel to this remote place. The main costs of traveling to Amiakhum are-
- Coming to Bandarban – The cost of coming to Bandarban from wherever you live.
- Bandarban to Thanchi – To get from Bandarban to Thanchi you have to go by jeep, moon car or bus. Reserve jeep / moon car 5500-6000 Taka and bus 200 Taka per person.
- Remakri from Thanchi – Going and coming from Thanchi to Remakri engine boat is 4000-4500 Taka. One boat can seat 5-6 people.
- Guide cost – Guide cost for all trips to Amiyakhum, Velakhum, Satvaikhum is Tk. 4500-5000.
- Cost of food – It will cost 120-150 Taka per meal to eat at the tribal house.
- Cost of accommodation – Tk. 150 per person per night for staying in tribal houses.
Travel Tips And Precautions When Going To Amiakhum WaterFall
Avoid holidays and travel in groups if you want to reduce costs. Take good grip shoes for trekking. If you don’t know how to swim and go in the rainy season, keep a life jacket with you. The rocky path is very slippery, so walk carefully. There is no electricity and no mobile network after Thanchi. So keep with mobile, power bank charges.
- Want to know about tribal people of Bangladesh.
Just carry a shoulder bag and make sure the bag weighs as little as possible. Take essential medicines like paracetamol, gas medicine, saline etc. Don’t go anywhere alone without a team. Take care of the rest of the team. Come forward in danger of one. Treat the tribals well.
- If you want to go to Amiakhum, you have to trek a long way and a long time. And on the way, all the huge hills have to go up and down. So if you don’t have experience of trekking before, then you should go after knowing it well.
- It is convenient to group together, it will reduce the cost as well as the morale will be good. It would be best to have someone with previous experience. Also many travel groups have Amiakhum tours, you can go with them.
- Use comfortable shoes, good bags and clothes for trekking. And of course the bag can’t be made so heavy. Because the bag you have to carry. The less you take, the better.
- Take your necessary medicines, first aid box, some dry food with you. Besides saline, glucose will be very useful.
- It goes without saying that there is no possibility of getting mobile network after Thanchi market. You must keep this in mind. Make the necessary phone calls as soon as you have them. Let family acquaintances know in advance that you will be out of the network in the next few days.
- The guide from Thanchi will help you in all matters. Before fixing the guide, fix the details of what plans and what you will see.
- Follow the guide’s advice. Follow the guide for your own safety. Remember that the guide is your only guide there. Also talk to the guide in advance about staying and eating.
- Many times Amiakhum is closed from the travel administration. So never try to go to Amiakhum without permission. You must have your ID card (or student ID) for permission. Make a photocopy even if it is not original. At the checkpoint and permission will be required to take the route.
- Children and the elderly must avoid traveling to Amiakhum. This trekking should be done only if you are mentally and physically strong.
- Lastly, be respectful of the local aborigines. Refrain from any behavior that may affect their lifestyle or hurt their feelings. And of course be careful of the environment. Do not do anything that causes damage to the environment and nature.
Want To Travel The Most Beautiful Waterfall Of Bangladesh?
Amiakhum is a perfect place for a group or family tour. The beauty of this place will give you awesome feelings. At the same time, you can come back within two or three days by visiting here. Hopefully, you can go to Amiakhum Waterfall within a tight budget. If you want to travel Amiakhum with safety and want to enjoy the place with more joy, Travel Mate can help you with arranging the tour. Contact us for further details. Above all, you may add any missing information from the comment section. Happy Traveling. ♥