Darjeeling is a popular tourist destination for Bangladeshis. It is also known as the “Queen of Hills”. The tour to this hill station was started by the British in 1814 and has been visited by many famous personalities, including Elizabeth II and the Dalai Lama.
The most popular way to travel is by bus, train, and air. But there are few airlines that offer a Darjeeling tour from Bangladesh. It is a wonderful place in the world where you can experience the beauty of nature, peace, and the calmness of life. Let’s check the must-see attractions in Darjeeling. Don’t forget the complete guideline for visiting Darjeeling and the affordable tour packages as well.
What Are The Must-see Attractions In Darjeeling?
The most popular tourist attractions in Darjeeling are the Himalayan Railway, the Tea plantations, Batasia Loop, Darjeeling Zoo, Ghum Monastery, and Tiger Hill. The hill town of Darjeeling is a popular tourist destination in India. It is famous for its tea plantations, scenic mountain views, and the toy train that runs through the town.
Tiger Hill is the highest point in Darjeeling and offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountains. Batasia Loop is a spiral railway track that offers panoramic views of the mountains and the town.
Darjeeling Zoo is home to rare animals like red pandas and snow leopards. Ghum Monastery is the largest Buddhist monastery in India and the Tea plantations are a must-visit for all tea lovers.
So, the top 10 things to do in Darjeeling are:
1) Take a scenic drive along the winding roads; 2) Visit the tea plantations and learn about the history and production of Darjeeling tea; 3) Explore the Tibetan refugee settlements and learn about the culture and traditions of the Tibetan people; 4) Take a hike through the forests and enjoy the natural beauty of the area; 5) Visit the monasteries and learn about the religious beliefs of the people; 6) Take a cable car ride up to Tiger Hill for a breathtaking view of the Himalayas; 7) Enjoy a cup of Darjeeling tea at one of the many tea houses; 8) Go for a walk through the markets and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere; 9) Take a ride on the toy train; 10) Visit the Darjeeling Zoo.
The complete attractions list of Darjeeling will be
- Take in the stunning views of the snow-capped Himalayas from Tiger Hill.
- Sip on some world-famous Darjeeling tea at one of the many local tea plantations.
- Visit the Ghoom Monastery, one of the oldest and largest monasteries in the region.
- Marvel at the colonial architecture of St. Andrew’s Church.
- Take a toy train ride through the picturesque Darjeeling Himalayan Railway.
- Get up close and personal with some of the resident Himalayan red pandas at the Darjeeling Zoo.
- Go for a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens of the Happy Valley Tea Estate.
- Take a cable car ride up to the Rock Garden for breathtaking views of the valley below.
- Visit the Peace Pagoda, a beautiful monument dedicated to world peace.
- Soak up the unique atmosphere of this hill station and its friendly locals.
What Are The Best Things To Do For Groups In Darjeeling?
There are many great things to do for groups in Darjeeling. Here are some of the favorites:
- Take a scenic ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway.
- Visit Tiger Hill to watch the sunrise over the Himalayas.
- Explore the Ghum Monastery, one of the largest in India.
- Visit the Darjeeling Tea Estate to learn about the history and production of this world-famous tea.
- Take a hike through the beautiful forests and mountains surrounding Darjeeling.
What Are The Best Things To Do For Solo Travelers In Darjeeling?
What Are The Best Activities For Couples In Darjeeling?
What Are The Best Things To Do For Kids In Darjeeling?
What Are The Best Things To Do For Adults In Darjeeling?
After reading this article, you should have a clear understanding of the must-see attractions of Darjeeling as a Bangladeshi and the top things to do on a tour of Darjeeling. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Travel Mate or leave a comment below. Our team will help you to make the tours amazing for you.